Things I liked:
- Katniss – actress I liked how athletic and real she looked and her braids were great.
- Lenny Kravatz as Cinna.
- The 1930s era clothes for the District 12. Is this right?
- Action part – the actual games – done very well.
- The opening scene was very tense and scary.
Things I didn’t like:
- The shaky cam at the beginning. It went on too long.
- The flaming capes were more dramatic in my imagination.
- Peeta came off as emo and wimpy rather than compassionate and smart. Kat didn’t like him at all from the movie version. They skimped too much on the bread saving Katniss backstory.
- The big ending was a little lacking in tension because they undercut it earlier.
I’ll watch the film sequel which might be more fun than the second book – Catching Fire.